Introduction to Cosmos
Cosmos is an ecosystem of blockchains that can scale and interoperate with each other,
aiming to become an “internet of blockchains” and making blockchains talk to one another.
Before Cosmos, blockchains were siloed and unable to communicate with each other. They were hard to build and could only handle a small amount of transactions per second. Cosmos wants to solve these problems with a new technical vision.
Cosmos conducted an initial coin offering on April 6, 2017 and released its ATOM token, which is the proprietary staking coin used by the network. ATOM can be used for staking and transactions across the Cosmos Hub, in which PoS is employed. The interest rate on staked atoms is somewhere between 7% and 12%.Learn More
A Cosmos wallet can help manage your ATOM assets, including balance inquiry, transfer, etc. At the same time, you can interact with the decentralized applications built on Cosmos through the wallet.
imToken on mobile - Provides secure and trusted digital asset management services to millions of users in more than 200 countries and regions around the world
imKey Hardware wallet - Safe and easy to use, protect your digital asset and say no to token theft from now on!
🔸Please learn how to make a backup before creating a wallet
There is a wide variety of ways to obtain ATOM. Buying ATOM through an exchange is the easiest and the most common way. Before doing so, make sure the exchange operates legally in the region you live in and accepts the methods of payment you wish to adopt.
Before any purchase make sure to learn about the different options and understand risks involved in buying ATOM.
🔸Exchanges that support the purchase of ATOM
There are plenty of centralized and decentralized exchanges that allow you to trade ATOM directly with other users.
🔸Decentralized Exchange Tokenlon
Tokenlon is a decentralized exchange powered by 0x protocol. It aims to offer a seamless trading experience with fast speed, competitive prices and many tokens. The trading assets are completely controlled by users, and you can use Tokenlon to quickly complete currency exchange without topping up or withdrawing.
The centralized exchange acts as a custodian to offer trading with deposited funds. Exchanges are easy to understand and usually provide good prices.
Please make sure that your Cosmos wallet has sufficient assets and the balance is enough to cover the miner fees required for the transfer.
🔸How Do ATOM Transactions Work
🔸You May Encounter the Following Conditions:
- The difference between doing transactions on blockchains and banks
- What if I send to the wrong address?
- How to set miner fees?
In Cosmos Hub, PoS is employed, which means ATOM holders can gain an interest rate somewhere between 7% and 12% by delegating their ATOMs to validators.
- Why become a delegator?
- How to delegate ATOM to a Validator?
- How to undelegate ATOM from a Validator?
- How to Withdrawal/Reinvest COSMOS Rewards
- COSMOS Staking FAQ
- Common questions about COSMOS Staking
- Common questions about COSMOS Delegators
- SparkPool-Crypto Mining & Staking Pool
Cosmos Technical Vision
Cosmos provides Tendermint Core and Cosmos SDK modules to customize your blockchain.
- Tendermint Core is a consensus algorithm and network communication protocol for the blockchain. Developers can quickly build a new blockchain network based on Tendermint Core like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- The Cosmos SDK is a general framework for building blockchains. Developers can use it to create custom blockchains based on Tendermint, a core module of the SDK, to realize some basic functions such as account, transaction, delegation, governance and cross-chain communication protocols.
- CoinMarketCap: Cryptocurrency Market Capitalizations
- CoinGecko: 360° Market Overview of Coins & Cryptocurrencies
Cosmos Block Explorer
Cosmos Block Explorer is an open source web tool that stays synchronous with all Cosmos nodes and allows you to view information about blocks, addresses, and transactions on the Cosmos blockchain.